UCLA Corporate Financial Services (CFS) is pleased to announce the launch of the e-learning course for Express, UCLA’s online reimbursement system for business travel and entertainment expenses.
Training for Express had long been offered to travel preparers and approvers through a day-long, in-person course. Today, Express training is available in an online environment for all UCLA faculty and staff. Users need only an internet connection and a valid UCLA Logon ID and password to enroll.
Through detailed screencast videos of various Express screens, trainees will learn:
- how to navigate within the Express system
- how to create and search for expense reports for themselves or for other employees and non-employees
- how to add expenses for airfare, ground transportation, mileage, domestic meals and lodging, foreign per diem, and entertainment
- how to attach Travel & Entertainment (T&E) Card transactions to an expense report
- how to attach receipts and submit an expense report, and
- how to respond to a reviewer’s request for more information or correction
Additionally, trainees can view, download and print an Express Quick Reference Guide, which outlines current rates, limitations and guidelines for each type of travel and entertainment expense.
Express training is not mandatory; it is offered as an added benefit for travel preparers and approvers. Trainees are not required to complete the course to gain access to the Express system. There are no prerequisites and trainees can take the course in full or skip around freely to learn about specific functions applicable to their work duties.
A corresponding online course for UC Travel & Entertainment Policy will be offered to the campus in the coming weeks.