How to Correct a PTR Transaction Prior to the Pay Compute
Reviewer discovers an error on a transaction and it is still prior to the pay compute.
Example 1: The employee has submitted a revised timesheet for the current pay period (the pay period end date has not passed) after the preparer entered the employee's time on the roster. The employee has more than one distribution because he is paid from more than one Full Accounting Unit (FAU). The overtime was charged to the wrong FAU. The reviewer pulled up the time roster, noticed the discrepancy between the employee's timesheet and the roster and asked the preparer to make the correction. It is still prior to the pay compute for the payday.
Example 2: A transaction was just processed on the EDAP screen to pay an employee overtime for a prior pay period. The employee has more than one distribution because he is paid from more than one FAU. The overtime was charged to the wrong FAU. The reviewer saw the error on the post-authorization notification (PAN) and asked the preparer to make the correction. It is still prior to the pay compute for the payday.
Process the correction either on the roster or on the EDLR screen. Changes to correct a pay rate would be processed on the EDRA screen.
- Pull up the information on the transaction with the incorrect information. The source of information for example 1 is the roster. For example 2, the source of information is the EDAP transaction just processed with the incorrect FAU.
- If the original erroneous transaction was on the roster (as in Example 1) and the roster is still available, correct the transaction on the roster. If the roster is no longer available, continue to step 3.
- Consult the current PPS Schedule and make sure that it is still prior to the pay compute. Note: If it is after the pay compute and the FAU is incorrect, an expense transfer must be processed.
- Complete the EDLR screen using the original EDAP transaction (or the roster transaction) as a source for most of the fields for the RX and the LX transaction.
- Review the transaction.
- Press F9 once and then add comments to let the reviewer know that the transaction is to correct a previous transaction processed for the same payday and it is still prior to the pay compute for that payday.
- Press F10 to add any necessary names to the reviewer list.
- Press F9 again to save the information to the transaction holding file.
- More information on the EDLR screen is available in the PTR Manual, Section D5.
- Departments may want to complete the Late/Reduce Pay Worksheet as an input document for the EDLR screen. Links to the worksheet and instruction are in Related Information.
- If the transactions result in an overpayment to the employee, refer to the PTR Manual, Section E8 for instructions.
- Pay compute dates and the last date to update the roster are listed in the PPS Schedule.
- Correction on EDLR (PDF) shows how to use an RX/LX transaction to correct an erroneous transaction prior to the pay compute.
- Correction on EDRA (PDF) shows how to use the EDRA to correct a transaction prior to the pay compute.