How to Process RX & Related LX Transaction Using EDLR
An error is discovered on a transaction that requires completely reversing the original transaction and replacing it with a late-pay transaction.
For example, an employee was promoted effective 12/1/07. Because of holidays and vacations, the Employee Database (EDB) was not updated with the correct rate and title until 1/4/08. The pay rate and title code must be corrected for the month of December 2007.
Process the correction on the EDLR screen.
- Pull up the information on the transaction with the incorrect information. One way to see how the transaction was actually processed is to check the IPAY screen, IDER - Earnings Distributions.
- Complete the EDLR screen using the IDER screen as a source for most of the fields for the RX transaction. Use the EDB data as a source of information for the LX transaction.
- Review the transaction and update it.
- If the data were incorrect for more than one pay period, the updated RX/LX transaction may be copied, and then changed and updated again as many times as necessary to completely correct the problem.
- More information on the EDLR screen is available in the PTR Manual, Section D5.
- Departments may want to complete the Late/Reduce Pay Worksheet as an input document for the EDLR screen. The worksheet and instructions are in Related Information.
- If the transactions result in an overpayment to the employee, refer to the PTR Manual, Section E8.
- Example on EDLR (PDF) shows how to process an RX/LX transaction to correct the rate and title code.
- Using EDLR Prior to Compute (PDF) shows how to use the EDLR screen to correct an error prior to the pay compute.