How to Research a Transaction on the Payroll Expense Distribution Report (PPP5302)
When reviewing the PPP5302, you discover a transaction which you cannot identify as belonging to your department and you need more information.
Look up the transaction on the IPAY screens and the post-authorization notification (PAN) or Application System Authorization Process (ASAP) audit log to find more information about the transaction and then ask the preparer of the transaction the reason for processing it (if necessary).
- To determine the type of transaction and when it was processed, the PPP5302 reviewer can access the IPAY screen IDER.
- Next search the PAN Log or the ASAP audit log to determine who processed the transaction and why.
- If necessary, the PPP5302 reviewer can contact the PTR Preparer and/or Reviewer to ask any additional questions.
- PPS Manual, Section D1.1 has information on the Distribution of Payroll Expense Report.
- Information on the using the IPAY screens in available in the PPS Manual, Section C4.
- Information on using PAN is in the PPS Manual, Section E4.
- Instructions for accessing the ASAP audit log for pay transactions are in the PTR Manual, Section A6.3.
- Use IPAY & ASAP to Research (PDF) shows how to research a transaction on the PPP5302 using the IPAY screens and the ASAP Audit log.
- Use IPAY & PAN to Research (PDF) shows how to research a transaction on the PPP5302 using the IPAY screens and the PAN log.