PAN for Personnel Payroll Transactions
AN is a post-authorization notification system designed by UCOP as part of the base Personnel/Payroll system. PAN is used to send notifications to the reviewers of PPS transactions (from the preparers) that an update has occurred and to send additional notifications to other interested parties. Reviewers will receive up to two emails per day if PANs have been generated for review with a link to the secure PAN website.
For those users looking for more information on PAN please refer to the following web pages listed under related information on the right:
- Financial Training for PAN - provides a link to a training guide and PowerPoint presentations on PAN.
- PPS Manual, Section E2 on Security Features - provides an overview of the security features of the PPS including some general information on PAN.
- PPS Manual, Section E4 on Using PAN - provides users with information on how to access and use PAN for Payroll.
- EDB Manual, Section A6 - explains some of the PPS security features specific to EDB Entry/Update. The section also contains a sample EDB PAN notice and information about how to access the ASAP Audit log for PTR transactions generated prior to December 13, 2004.
- PTR Manual, Section A6 - explains the PPS security features specific to PTR. The section also contains sample PTR PAN notices and information about how to access the ASAP Audit log for PTR transactions generated prior to December 13, 2004.