No Tracking of Academic Remote Instruction Prep Related to COVID
To All UCLA Organizational Financial Leads, CAOs and CFOs:
Upon further discussion with UCLA Leadership and our consultants, we have decided that we will NOT track academic labor time related to moving courses online due to COVID-19. We will, however, continue to track the administrative side of this category.
For other academic activities, we will still track time (as effort %) related to the following areas:
- COVID-19—related research activities that are NOT being charged to grants, which include:
- Research ramp-down (utilize the labor category; includes stopping research and/or moving it to another location, such as their home)
- Remote research preparation (utilize the labor category)
- Research ramp-up (utilize ‘Other: Additional remote costs’ labor category and add “Research Ramp Up” in comment field)
- Researcher inactive time (utilize ‘Other: Additional remote costs’ labor category and add “Researcher inactive time due to Emergency” in comment field)
- Administrative time performed by academic members, such as the EOC Academic Planning Group, Chairs/Deans COVID-specific meetings, and other planning meetings related to COVID.
We know that some of you have already started collecting data and preparing templates, and we apologize for the lost time. We are making every effort to keep everyone informed of the latest updates and we hope that this decision will save you a lot of time and energy in the long run.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
UCLA Cost Recovery Team