Monthly Payment Plan
Eligible students can enroll in BruinPay Plan (BPP) to pay their term fees in monthly installments. The number of installment payments depends on the type of student:
- Quarter Student: three installments
- Semester Student: four installments
This page provides you with information on BPP eligibility, enrollment, and payments.
To participate in BPP, you must sign up on BruinBill during the pre-term enrollment period for each term you wish to participate. Accounts enrolled in BPP remain subject to returned payment and delinquent account policies and procedures.
Eligibility & Enrollment
- An account is ineligible for BPP if it:
• is fully covered by financial aid
• has an outstanding short-term loan (to lift this restriction, the balance must be paid off prior to the 19th day of the enrollment month)
• has an unpaid, previous-term balance
• has three returned check/eCheck payments
• has one returned credit card payment
• is enrolled for FEMBA/EMBA, ED Leadership, Masters of Financial Engineering, or 4th year Med programs
• is a balance due for Summer Session/term
• is in paid status
- If you are eligible to enroll in BPP during the active enrollment period, you will see an enrollment link on BruinBill’s Payment Plans page. Enrollment is completed using the logon for the student/main account holder. Third-party account logins cannot enroll in BPP.
1. Select the Payment Plans tab.
2. Select BruinPay Plan.
3. Follow the prompts on the side-view window.
4. Review the plan terms and payment schedule.
5. Provide your eSignature.
6. Proceed to pay the first installment and enrollment fee (if applicable).
You will need a U.S. checking/savings account or a credit card to complete enrollment. Once the account is enrolled in BruinPay Plan, details of the plan can be found on the Payment Plans and Overview pages.
Due to the automatic deductions associated with BruinPay Plan, the remaining payments for BPP will also be visible on BruinBill’s Auto Pay page. However, Auto Pay is also the name of a separate, twelve-part, automatic BruinBill deduction feature students may elect to use.
DO NOT enroll in the Auto Pay feature if you are already enrolled in BPP – the Auto Pay feature will supersede your BruinPay Plan enrollment, withdrawing the total balance due on the designated Auto Pay dates instead of the BPP dates.
BPP enrollment is open prior to the beginning of each term. To participate in BPP, you must sign up on BruinBill during the active enrollment window for each term you wish to participate. Enrollment in BPP for one term does not automatically enroll your account into BPP for other terms. Failure to enroll in BPP by the enrollment window will require you to pay the total account balance by the respective payment deadline.BPP enrollment closes at 5:00 p.m. (PT) on the last enrollment date and cannot be reopened under any circumstances.
To ensure any issues can be addressed during the active enrollment window, we strongly advise account holders enroll before the Student Accounts Office closes at 4:00 p.m. (PT).
BPP enrollment periods* are as follows:
Fall Term Winter Term Spring Term Quarter Students 9/1 - 9/20 12/1 - 12/20 3/1 - 3/20 Semester Students 8/1 - 8/20 12/1 - 12/20 Medical Students (1-3 Year) 7/1 - 7/20 12/1 - 12/20
*dates are subject to change
UCLA will not cancel the BruinPay Plan for any reason. You (the account holder) can make a payment for the monthly installment prior to the scheduled deduction date with no penalty. However, the automated monthly installment payment on the 20th of each month remains in place and will apply to existing and new charges.