UCLA Terms and Conditions for Sales and Service Agreement
External Customer refers to a user (an entity or individual) whose transactions are not processed through the University’s accounting system. This includes non-profit organizations and for-profit entities and faculty, staff, students, and patients paying with personal funds.
A new UCLA Terms & Conditions for Sales and Service Agreement (formally Short Form Services Agreement) is coming soon with additional instruction on how to complete the online External Customer Pre-Screening Questionnaire form to satisfy Export Control restricted party screening due diligence and conflict of interests screening requirements.
If a new external customer is identified, please follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Complete Form to Provide External Customer Information (Department)
- The department is required to complete the form to provide the required external customer information.
- Step 2: Perform Visual Compliance and Conflict of Interest (CoI) Screen (CFS)
- 1. CFS will perform visual compliance as required by the Export Control office and COI screen as required by Policy 340
2. If the external customer is identified as a restricted party and/or potential conflict of interest risk, CFS will notify the department’s Dean/Vice Chancellor/Vice Chancellor Designee
- Step 3: Screen External Customers on D-U-N-S (Optional for Department)
It is recommended departments review if potential customers are active businesses and are financially stable One way is to screen commercial customers on Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S Number Lookup. Click here to download instruction on how to screen customers on D-U-N-S Number Lookup.
- Step 4: Complete Agreement (Department)
Department to complete UCLA Terms & Conditions for Sales & Service Agreement.
- Step 5: Route for Signatures (Dean/External Customers)
The department is responsible to obtain all signatures required for agreement execution
Final Signatures are required by 1) Dean/Vice Chancellor/Vice Chancellor Designee, and 2) External Customer
The Sales and Service office does not have authority to sign on behalf of UCLA
- Step 6: Retain Documents (Department)
After the necessary signatures are obtained, it is the department's responsibility to provide a copy of the fully executed agreement to the external customer and retain the original agreement within the department.