UCLA Terms and Conditions for Sales and Service Agreement
External Customer refers to a user (an entity or individual) whose transactions are not processed through the University’s accounting system. This includes non-profit organizations and for-profit entities and faculty, staff, students, and patients paying with personal funds.
A new UCLA Terms & Conditions for Sales and Service Agreement (formally Short Form Services Agreement) is coming soon with additional instruction on how to complete the online External Customer Pre-Screening Questionnaire form to satisfy Export Control restricted party screening due diligence and conflict of interests screening requirements.
The department is required to complete the form to provide the required external customer information.
- CFS will perform visual compliance as required by the Export Control office and COI screen as required by Policy 340
- If the external customer is identified as a restricted party and/or potential conflict of interest risk, CFS will notify the department’s Dean/Vice Chancellor/Vice Chancellor Designee
It is recommended departments review if potential customers are active businesses and are financially stable One way is to screen commercial customers on Dun & Bradstreet D-U-N-S Number Lookup. Click here to download instruction on how to screen customers on D-U-N-S Number Lookup.
Department to complete UCLA Terms & Conditions for Sales & Service Agreement.
- The department is responsible to obtain all signatures required for agreement execution
- Final Signatures are required by 1) Faculty/Director, 2) Dean/Vice Chancellor/Vice Chancellor Designee, and 3) External Customer
- The Sales and Service office does not have authority to sign on behalf of UCLA
After the necessary signatures are obtained, it is the department's responsibility to provide a copy of the fully executed agreement to the external customer and retain the original agreement within the department.