Closing Schedule for Fiscal Year End
2017-18 Fiscal Closing
The 2017-18 fiscal closing instructions are now available to assist you with preparing for the annual closing of the General Ledger as prescribed by the State of California. This closing process -- which results in a statement of the year's financial position in the University of California annual report -- requires the coordinated efforts from the General Accounting Office and all campus departments to ensure that all financial activity is accurately recorded.
Closing Letter and Schedule - (PDF)
This schedule is provided for departments to coordinate their needs with those required for fiscal closing.
- Additional daily processing will occur for July 4th Holiday and Weekends June 30th & July 1st, July 7th & 8th, July 14th &15th, and July 21st & 22rd. All transactions will be available the following day in QDB.
- Questions concerning the deadlines should be directed to the person or department shown within the schedule.
- Question about the schedule, contact Michael Tran at (310) 206-2776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional closing information that will be available:
- The Accounts Payable Fiscal Close Procedures
- The Carry Forward Guidelines distributed by the Office of Academic Planning and Budget
- The Cash-Closing instructions (PDF) from Payment Solutions & Compliance
- The Travel Accounting Fiscal Close Procedures (PDF) from Express system notifications
- Inventory, Accrual, and Deferral Forms and Instructions (available on the web by June 1st)
- SAS 115 Key Internal Controls (PDF)