Closing Schedule for Fiscal Year End
2019-20 Fiscal Closing
The 2019-20 fiscal closing instructions are now available to assist you with preparing for the annual closing of the General Ledger as prescribed by the State of California. This closing process, which results in the statements of the year's financial operations and position in the University of California annual report, requires the coordinated efforts of General Accounting and campus departments to ensure that all financial activity is accurately recorded.
Closing Letter - (PDF)
Schedule of Deadlines - (Excel) - Updated on May 12, 2020
This schedule is provided for departments to coordinate their needs with those required for fiscal closing.
- Additional daily processing will occur on the July 4th holiday and for the following weekends: June 27 & June 28, July 3, 4 & 5, July 11 & 12, July 18 & 19, and July 25 & 26. All transactions will be available the following day in OFSR and QDB.
- Questions concerning the deadlines should be directed to the person or department shown within the schedule.
- Question about the schedule, please complete the online form
Additional closing information that will be available:
- The Accounts Payable Fiscal Close Procedures
- The Carry Forward Guidelines distributed by the Office of Academic Planning and Budget
- The Cash-Closing instructions from Payment Solutions & Compliance
- The Travel Accounting Fiscal Close Procedures from Express system notifications
- Inventory, Accrual & Deferral Forms & Instructions - June Letter
- SAS 115 Key Internal Controls (PDF)