Closing Schedule for Fiscal Year End
2016-17 Fiscal Closing
The 2016-17 fiscal closing instructions are now available to assist you with preparing for the annual closing of the General Ledger as prescribed by the State of California. This closing process -- which results in a statement of the year's financial position in the University of California annual report -- requires the coordinated efforts from the General Accounting Office and all campus departments to ensure that all financial activity is accurately recorded.
Closing Letter and Schedule - (PDF)
This schedule is provided for departments to coordinate their needs with those required for fiscal closing.
- Additional daily processing will occur for July 4th Holiday and Weekends July 1st & 2nd, July 8th & 9th, July 15th &16th, and July 22nd & 23rd. All transactions will be available the following day in QDB.
- Questions concerning the deadlines should be directed to the person or department shown within the schedule.
- Question about the schedule should be directed to Dok Yun at (310) 794-2664 or email email@example.com.
Additional closing information that will be available:
- The Accounts Payable Fiscal Close Procedures
- The Carry Forward Guidelines distributed by the Office of Academic Planning and Budget
- The Cash-Closing instructions (PDF) from Payment Solutions & Compliance
- The Travel Accounting Fiscal Close Procedures (PDF) from Express system notifications
- Inventory, Accrual, and Deferral Forms and Instructions (available on the web by June 1st)