Closing Schedule for Fiscal Year End
2020-21 Fiscal Closing
The 2020-21 fiscal closing instructions are now available to assist you with preparing for the annual closing of the General Ledger as prescribed by the State of California. This closing process, which results in the statements of the year's financial operations and position in the University of California annual report, requires the coordinated efforts of General Accounting and campus departments to ensure that all financial activity is accurately recorded.
Closing Letter - (PDF)
Schedule of Deadlines - (Excel)
This schedule is provided for departments to coordinate their needs with those required for fiscal closing.
- Additional daily processing will occur starting June 26th to September 10th, including the July 5th holiday and all the weekends within that period. All transactions will be available the following day in OFSR and QDB
- Questions concerning the deadlines should be directed to the person or department shown within the schedule
- Question about the schedule, please complete the online form
Additional closing information that will be available:
- The Accounts Payable Fiscal Close Procedures
- The Carry Forward Guidelines distributed by the Office of Academic Planning and Budget
- The Cash-Closing instructions from Payment Solutions & Compliance
- The Travel Accounting Fiscal Close Procedures from Express system notifications
- Inventory, Accrual & Deferral Forms & Instructions - June Letter (to be published in June)
- SAS 115 Key Internal Controls (PDF)