Closing Schedule for Fiscal Year End
2018-19 Fiscal Closing
The 2018-19 fiscal closing instructions are now available to assist you with preparing for the annual closing of the General Ledger as prescribed by the State of California. This closing process, which results in the statements of the year's financial operations and position in the University of California annual report, requires the coordinated efforts of General Accounting and campus departments to ensure that all financial activity is accurately recorded.
Closing Letter - (PDF)
Schedule of Deadlines - (Excel)
This schedule is provided for departments to coordinate their needs with those required for fiscal closing.
- Additional daily processing will occur on the July 4th holiday and for the following weekends: June 29 & June 30, July 6 & 7, July 13 & 14, July 20 & 21, and July 27 & 28. All transactions will be available the following day in OFSR and QDB.
- Questions concerning the deadlines should be directed to the person or department shown within the schedule.
- Question about the schedule, contact Michael Tran at (310) 206-2776 or email [email protected].
Additional closing information that will be available:
- The Accounts Payable Fiscal Close Procedures
- The Carry Forward Guidelines distributed by the Office of Academic Planning and Budget
- The Cash-Closing instructions from Payment Solutions & Compliance
- The Travel Accounting Fiscal Close Procedures from Express system notifications
- Inventory, Accrual, and Deferral Forms and Instructions (available in June)
- SAS 115 Key Internal Controls (PDF)