Paydays During 2014-15 Campus Winter Closure
THERE WILL BE TWO PAYDAYS DURING THE CAMPUS CLOSURE!
These paydays will fall on Dec. 30, 2014 & Jan. 2, 2015, and both of these dates occur during the campus closure! Paper paychecks will be distributed from three locations for the Bi-weekly payday on 12/30/14, and from one location for the Monthly payday on 1/2/15.
On 12/30/14 and 1/2/15, most paper paychecks can be picked up at the Payroll Department front window located in Suite 620 at the Wilshire Center, 10920 Wilshire Blvd., from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. on both days. You must bring identification to enter the building to pick up your paycheck, so please bring your BruinCard and your Driver’s License.
The Payroll Annex located at the Ronald Reagan Medical Center will also distribute paper paychecks to its normal population of check recipients on 12/30/14 only, from 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The HR and Payroll Center-North (Northwest Service Center) located at Sproul Hall, Suite 162, will also distribute paper paychecks to its normal population of check recipients on 12/30/14 only, from 10 a.m. to Noon.
Only paper paychecks payable on each date will be distributed, so paper paychecks applicable to the payday of Dec. 30, 2014, will only be distributed on Dec. 30, 2014, and will not be distributed on Jan. 2, 2015. In addition, no other payroll services will be offered during the campus closure other than paper paycheck distribution.
The Payroll Department will distribute all paper paychecks not picked up during the campus closure on Jan. 5, 2015, after the campus returns to work using the normal procedures, but why wait to get your paper paycheck if you don’t plan to come to the campus during the closure?
Did you know that you can elect to receive your UCLA salary via direct deposit?
There are many reasons to sign up for direct deposit:
- The money is sent directly to the bank, so you do not have to worry about whether or not your department’s business office is open for you to pick up a paper check.
- There is no paper check, so you do not have to make a trip to the bank to deposit or cash the check.
- The money will be in the bank and available to you on pay day.
PROTECTION of PRIVACY
- By choosing direct deposit, you will automatically receive an Online Earnings Statement.
- The Online Earnings Statement is available in UC At Your Service Online (UC AYSO), a secure UC employee website that is password protected.
- The Online Earnings Statement is available on pay day; then it is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 18 months.
SUSTAINABILITY and COST SAVINGS
- Direct deposit and online delivery of the earnings statement reduce paper waste and are in line with the University’s initiative to Go Green (for more information, go to www.sustain.ucla.edu).
- UCLA produces over 10,000 paper checks every month and would save money on printing and paper costs.
Sign up for direct deposit by Friday, November 21st, 2014. Follow these easy steps:
- Go to the University of California employee website (UC AYSO) at https://atyourserviceonline.ucop.edu
- Logon to the website
- Click on Direct Deposit under Income & Taxes
- Click on Continue to change your check disposition
- Choose Account Type - Checking or Savings
- Enter Routing Number (also known as the ABA Number for your bank)
- Enter your Account Information (the account # where you want the funds deposited)
- Review information for accuracy
- Check the authorization box in order for direct deposit to be activated
- Confirm the change
If you do not want to sign up online for direct deposit, you can take the information requested above to your departmental HR representative and he/she will make the change for you.
*If you have never used the UC AYSO website or need your password reset, contact UCLA Payroll Services at (310) 825-1089 and select Option 5, or (310) 794-8754 Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. to Noon and 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Contact your HR representative for the check distribution process in your department!
Director, Payroll Services