Skip to Main Content

Tax Preparation Assistance

In general, you should always consult a tax advisor for information on the taxability of payments received. UCLA Personnel are prohibited from giving individual income tax advice on personal income tax issues.

Federal and State Resources

Federal and state income tax forms and instructions, and information on tax-preparation resources is available at the following sites:

Tax Preparation Assistance for U.S. Citizens & Resident Aliens

  • VITA at UCLA is a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program that assists UCLA staff and students as well as anyone in nearby communities prepare their tax returns. Their website address is

Tax Preparation Assistance for U.S. Nonresidents

  • If you have a GLACIER record, you can use GLACIER Tax Prep for free to prepare your federal return. For more information on year-end tax statements, tax forms and filing requirements, and GLACIER Tax Prep, see Foreign Student Workers Tax Information.
  • The Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars offers tax preparation workshops for UCLA nonresident students and scholars. Check for upcoming workshops on the Dashew Center home page at