Who’s Responsible for Controls?
Everyone’s responsible for trying to do their job in a lawful, ethical responsible manner. But officials with financial and management responsibilities bear more of the responsibility. Details on this are under the Roles & Responsibilities section of this site.
Generally speaking, the goal is to make sure that in the course of conducting your job and the University’s business, that:
- There is compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, University policies and collective bargaining agreements.
- Your unit operates in sound financial condition, with good business practices.
- An effective system of internal controls is established, consistent with the UCLA Principles of Accountability and Regulatory Compliance.
- Ethical business standards are observed.
- Human resource activities foster diversity in the workforce and ensure due process.
- Staff members have appropriate access to, and use of, University information and systems.