Delegation & Accountability
While administrative officials may delegate many of their financial and managerial responsibilities, they cannot delegate accountability. They're still responsible for:
- Compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and University policies.
- Compliance with collective bargaining agreements.
- Compliance with terms and conditions of gifts, contracts and grants.
- Establishment of an effective system of internal controls consistent with UCLA Financial Policy.
- Maintenance of a sound financial condition and good business practices for the department or business unit.
- Adherence to ethical business standards.
- Administration of human resources to foster diversity in the workforce and ensure due process.
- Ensuring appropriate access to and use of University information and systems, including the integrity of data and transactions entered or modified by their staff.