Bi-weekly Conversion Calculator (BWCC)
The Bi-weekly Conversion Calculator (BWCC) is designed to assist employees transitioning from a monthly pay cycle to a bi-weekly pay cycle to determine their new net pay. Employees should use the BWCC as a tool to determine if the transition will affect their finances in a manner which will require them to take advantage of one or both of the Transition Assistance Programs (TAP).
Frequently asked questions regarding the monthly to bi-weekly transition are in Related Information.
Users should review the complete instructions prior to using the BWCC.
About the BWCC
- The calculator will determine the anticipated net of a check as accurately as possible. However, due to the complexity in the calculation of some deductions, the net computed by the calculator is only an estimate. There may be a small difference (+- 5%) between the estimate from the calculator and an actual bi-weekly paycheck.
- The calculator will convert regular earnings only. Supplemental pay such as overtime, shift differential, stipends, etc. should not be included in the calculator.
- Amounts entered in the calculator should be positive (no negatives) and monthly values unless stated otherwise. The calculator will convert the monthly amounts into bi-weekly amounts.
- The BWCC computes Employment tax (OASDI and Medicare) as well as Federal and California State income tax rate. For employees working out of state, please contact Jeremy Henmi at email@example.com.
- Data for input to the calculator should come from the employee’s Earning Statement - Payment Summary view. Steps to obtain the employees Payment Summary are included in the instructions.
- Employees seeking information on how bi-weekly pay deductions are calculated and taken from a paycheck can refer to the Bi-Weekly Pay Conversion Workshop document found in Related Information.